When many people think of roof repairs, they simply think of damage to the tiles or shingles. In reality, many of the dangers affecting your roof center around roof fixtures like chimneys, vents, and skylights. These features must withstand both hurricane weather and their nooks and crannies that allow water to accumulate.
As a Miami roofing company, A-1 Property Services sees many problems caused by age, rain, and wind. These issues need to be repaired quickly or you face the potential of bigger damage. Be aware of the most common issues affecting chimneys, vents, and skylights:
- Leaking –Water often pools around the different fixtures on your roof. If you had a vent or skylight installed wrong, leaking quickly becomes a big problem.
- Damaged Fixtures – When these fixtures or the flashing and seals that protect them become damaged, the whole roof and the house itself face special risk.
- Mildew and Decay – Roof fixtures sometimes trap water, leading to mold and fast deterioration of the surrounding roof.
DIY Inspection: Know the Signs
Everyone should be aware of roof damage signs, but homeowners with chimneys, vents, and skylights should also look for signs of the specific problems mentioned above. From the outside of your home, look for these red flags around any fixtures on your roof:
- Curling, Cracked, or Damaged Tiles
- Discolorations of the Roof
- Cracked, Warped, or Leaning Chimney
- Sunken in Skylight or Vent
You may also see signs within the home. Check your ceilings or attic space for these issues:
- Leaking Water or Excess Moisture
- Stained Ceilings and Walls
- Unexplained Spikes in Energy Bills
Call Your Miami Roofing Company to Inspect
When you suspect damage, call the professionals right away. Further damage can add up fast—and early repairs can be much simpler and less expensive than replacing the whole chimney, vent, skylight, or the entire roof.
As your trusted roofing team, our knowledgeable, experienced, licensed staff will safely climb your roof to inspect the problems close-up. We can also inspect your attic and ceilings for evidence. Since these symptoms may be related to other underlying problems, you need a roofing pro to determine the real causes.
Leave the Repairs to the Pros
Many homeowners enjoy DIY home repairs, but roofing problems surrounding your chimneys, vents, and skylights need to be addressed by a pro. The entire roof can be damaged when these elements are compromised. With our Miami weather, you need every part of your roof to be in perfect condition before any storms hit.
If you suspect problems with any of the fixtures on your roof, don’t hesitate to call Miami roofing company A-1 Property Services for a thorough inspection.
Contact A-1 Property Services for all your roofing needs.Roof Repair