For anyone interested in replacing their roofing in Miami, there’s now more incentive to schedule the work this year. The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, passed by Congress at the beginning of the year, extended certain energy tax credits through December 31, 2013. “Cool” shingles that are ENERGY STAR® qualified may qualify for a tax credit of 10% of the cost of the product, up to $500. The new roofing must be installed on your principal residence and installation costs may not be included.
GAF offers several shingle lines which have earned the ENERGY STAR rating, including:
- Timberline® Cool Series in all colors: Cool Antique Slate, Cool Barkwood and Cool Weathered Wood
- Timberline® HD™ and Timberline® Ultra HD™ in White
- Timberline® Natural Shadow in Arctic White
- Royal Sovereign® in White
CertainTeed also features several “cool” shingle products:
- Landmark Solaris™ Series in all colors
- Landmark PRO in Silver Birch
- Landmark™ in Silver Birch and Mist White
- Star White in the CT20™, XT25™ and XT30™ product lines
If you happened to make an eligible purchase in 2012, before the credit was extended, make sure you claim the expense when you file this year’s tax return. The tax credit is also retroactive to purchases made starting January 1, 2012. For more information about these tax credits, please contact your tax advisor or call A-1 Property Services at (866) 951-0005. We’ll be happy to schedule a FREE estimate for ENERGY STAR qualified Miami roof replacement.