Every day, A1 Property Services installs asphalt shingle and tile roofing systems on homes throughout Miami. But look out shingles and tile: there’s a new roofing material in town! It’s thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) roofing, the fastest growing segment of the commercial roofing market, and it can also be utilized on homes. TPO is a state-of-the-art, single-ply roofing material manufactured from a rubber compound reinforced with polyester fabric. Here’s a run-down of the benefits of the TPO roofing system for roofing in Miami.
• Efficiency. TPO most commonly comes in white, so it’s naturally heat reflective and energy-efficient, resulting in significant savings in energy costs. Lately manufacturers are also expanding their color palettes with tan and light gray reflective options.
• Performance. TPO resists tears, impacts and punctures, and tolerates building movement without negative effects. Properly installed TPO roof systems have service lives ranging from about 10 to 20 years, depending on the type of installation.
• Versatility. TPO comes in long lengths which are heat-welded on site. It’s available in various thicknesses and can be installed on structures of any size and function, from the largest commercial structure to residences (click to see photos of our residential TPO installations).
• Price. TPO is considered one of the most economical options for a large, low-slope roofing area. And repairs are simple: the affected region is cut out and a new piece welded in place.
• Environmentally friendly. Last but not least, TPO can be 100% recycled!
A1 Property Services provides Miami and surrounding areas with professional TPO roofing installation and service, utilizing products from respected manufacturers including Johns Manville and GAF. Contact us today at (305) 547-8355 to schedule a FREE consultation and learn more about the benefits of a new thermoplastic membrane roof.