Go with a Tax Deductible Roof Maintenance Plan from A1 Property Services
A new roof does not qualify you for a tax credit but you can write off the entire cost of roof maintenance or a qualifying roof recondition. A maintenance plan or recondition is considered a maintenance expense on your taxes and can be deducted all in the same year that the roof recondition is completed.
A Roof Maintenance Plan will save you money of the lifetime of your roof. Here are a few facts from Roofing Contractor Magazine that support the need for a good roof maintenance program.
Roof Maintenance Plan Benefits:
- More than 80 percent of all roofs are replaced prematurely.
- The average building owner will spend more than $127,500 on roofing over the life of the building.
- The average cost of a new commercial roof is more than $42,500 (10,000 square foot average)
- Repairs, maintenance and/or roof restoration costs thousands of dollars less than roof replacement.
- Roof maintenance programs are tax deductible.
- A roof maintenance program can save up to 50 percent over the life of a 30-year roof compared to replacing it every 15-20 years.
- A roof can leak for days, weeks, or months before it is noticed inside the building.